One option when buying UK Life Insurance is to add critical illness cover. Most life insurance policies will pay out a lump sum to your loved ones in the event of your death, but what if you are diagnosed with a life-limiting illness? It may be that receiving a tax free payment before you die would be a big help to you and your family at a very difficult time.
Life Insurance with Critical Illness provides such protection. It’s important to be aware of exactly what constitutes a critical illness: different life insurance companies have different definitions. A rough guide is shown below, but remember that one of our advisors can explain exactly what is and is not covered.
Typical Illnesses Covered by Life Insurance With Critical Illness Policies
- Blindness – which is permanent and irreversible
- Deafness – which is permanent and irreversible
- Cancer – although some cases may be excluded
- Coma – with permanent (ie ongoing) symptoms
- Heart attack – depending on the severity
- Kidney failure – which requires ongoing dialysis
- Stroke – leaving you with permanent symptoms
Our advisors can provide you with all the information you need to make a decision about life insurance with critical illness. Quotations are obtained from all of the leading UK life insurance companies including Aviva, Legal and General, LV (Liverpool Victoria), Zurich, and more.