If you are considering taking out, or amending, a life insurance policy then you undoubtedly want to ensure you are investing in a secure, established company that offers optimum benefits. Here are the current 5 top UK life insurance providers that offer great deals on price and quality of cover / care.
Legal and General
This provider recently won an award for Best Life Protection Provider (Money Marketing Awards 2012). Legal and General offer:
- Terminal illness cover as standard
- Critical illness cover (optional for an extra cost)
- Fixed premiums that are guaranteed throughout the term, unless the policy is altered
- 4% discount if premium paid annually.
One of the more flexible companies, you choose the amount and length of cover to suit your circumstances. There is a current promotion of a £45 Sainsbury’s gift card for new policy holders! Sainsbury’s offer the following:
- 3 types of cover starting at £5 a month: level, decreasing or mortgage term cover.
- UK based call centres
- Payment holidays if you find yourself out of work (additional cost)
- Joint cover for yourself and a partner
- Collect nectar points as you pay your premiums.
This provider is unique as you don’t have to have a medical to apply. Premiums begin from as little as £5 a month and there are five term options to suit your needs. Also offered by Sun Life:
- First month’s premium is free
- Terminal Illness benefit – if you are diagnosed with a terminal illness there is a possibility of a cash sum payout.
- 15% of your premiums back if no claim has been made by the term’s end.
- £20 of Love2Shop vouchers for new policy holders.
LV= guarantee to accept you for a life insurance policy providing you are a UK resident between 50-80 years old on starting the policy. LV= offer:
- Premiums available from just £5 per month, dependent on individual circumstances
- Either level or decreasing cover
- Up to £500,000 cover
- A lump sum payment should you die during the term of the plan.
Debenhams offer very competitive premiums when compared to other life insurance providers. As well as a current £50 gift card promotion their benefits include:
- Critical illness cover
- Long term income protection
- A joint policy option
- Life level term or mortgage life cover.
We compare all UK life insurance providers so you can choose the best deal for you. Click here for a free quote.